Friday, March 7, 2014

In Our New Home

 I haven't posted in a while because after living in the same house in Caspar for 17 years, we have moved about 10 miles north into the coastal town of Ft. Bragg. Quite a change in some ways but mostly ones that we like. We have a lot more space in the new house, so if I can resist the temptation to fill it up with stuff, it's good. I was amazed at how much stuff I had collected in 17 years in the Caspar house. WOW. And I had to move it all. Thinning out though, as part of the process, 20 boxes of stuff have gone to the thrift store or the dump. We like being able to
walk to things we had to drive to before, the post office, hardware store, yoga class, food stores, movie theater AND the ocean. I took these pictures today at glass beach which is about a 12 minute walk. It was so pleasant sitting in the sun. A harbor seal crawled out of the ocean to the rocks just to the right of Carlie and a giant V of 60 or so geese flew by overhead while we were there. Crabs, sea gulls, cormorants in abundance of course. I got our new jewelry studio set up and functioning

a few days ago and we are starting the process of making new mixed metal jewels. I'll be posting pictures of some of them soon. We don't start doing art shows until May this year so have a little time to play and be creative. We'll see what comes from our hands and minds. I'm excited also because I have a very large room upstairs that I'm setting up for a drawing/painting/collage work studio as well as a book sorting/working room for that side of my life. Will post our upcoming show schedule soon.

1 comment: